- Unit 01 : The Information Age > Listening and Watching > Listening
- You will hear a recorded passage. After that you will hear five questions. Both the passage and the questions will be read twice. When you hear a question, you should complete the answer to it with a word or a short phrase (in no more than three words). The questions and incomplete answers are printed in the textbook for your reference.
- 1. What is the Internet?
- The Internet is a that connects millions of computers worldwide.
2. What can we do with the Internet?
The Internet helps many people communicate, work, learn, and .
3. How do people view websites?
People view websites using called Internet browsers.
4. What makes using the Internet quicker and easier?
Advances in make using the Internet quicker and easier.
5. What is happening when more and more people use the Internet?
As more and more people use the Internet, the grows.
- 正确答案：1. network 2. have fun 3. computer programs 4. technology 5. quantity of information
The Internet is a network that connects millions of computers worldwide. It was one of the greatest inventions in human history. Today the Internet helps many people communicate, work, learn, and have fun.
Information on the Internet is arranged in websites or webpages. People view websites using computer programs called Internet browsers. People create websites using a computer language called HTML. Browsers read the computer language and allow people to view websites on the computer. Each website has its own Internet address.
Since its beginnings, the Internet has changed to keep up with the demands of its users. Advances in technology make using the Internet quicker and easier. And as more and more people use the Internet, the quantity of information grows.
- Unit 01 : The Information Age > Text Study > Text A
- Crazy Instant Messaging